Cannot believe I made it and so happy I tried the challenge.
I will remember…
- the learners coming in every school morning at eight o’clock and sharing with me the slice they were going to write.
- the talk that filled the air as the learners shared their ideas with each other.
- the music we played every morning to help create the mood for writing.
- the eager faces of the learners as they shared their slice with me after they posted it on our classroom blog.
- my colleague (who also took the challenge) and I drinking coffee, writing, and just watching the learners write.
As a SOL writer, I will remember…
- creating my first blog.
- my very first post.
- my husband’s reactions and feedback on my slices.
- the comments and how they propelled me forward each day.
- there were days that it was really hard to write.
- my favorite slice and sharing it with my brother.
- how important it is to be writing alongside my students.
I look forward to our SOL celebration this Monday. We are having breakfast together, sharing favorite slices from the month, and of course, handing out gel pens so the learners can continue to write in their special SOL notebooks.
Thank you for this opportunity TWT.